Friday, March 27, 2009

Bhagavad Gita



Its been quite a while I haven't got time to jot down my thoughts these days. Been concentrating on my work, and trying to get my feet on the ground. Recently I've been reading on the Hindu epic- Bhagavad Gita, commentary by Sri Paramahansa Yogananda. Its about a war that prince Arjuna fight to win back his family's rightful kingdom against his other relatives. In this war, Prince Arjuna choses Lord Krishna as his counselor, advisor and teacher and through Lord Krishna he was taught the science and art of Yoga. It definitely inspires me and shook my soul (hopefully awaken it).

In each of us, there's a warrior like Arjuna, despondent to fight or actively fighting all the way with a mindfully clear direction ahead. And for me, this warrior is badly energy-constipated. I'm not saying that I have problem with my bowels, they do work fine, but not where I assert my force or will. With that said, I thought over about how I want to go about making small little achievements in my daily routine, less about earning tons of $$$. Even that was filled with 'obstacles' within and out. So its high time that I have to do something so that this Arjuna within me fights, and fights well!

So getting inspired, I make sure I meditate before I sleep, no matter how tired I am and the 1st thing I wake in the morning. Arjuna couldn't fight because there was so much emotional links to what he will slay but Lord krishna says that only the wise knows that this body is but a vehicle for the soul and not the soul for the soul is perfect and full of light and never dies. For me, its the ties to my bad habits, habits that bring me down and further away from achieving some simple healthy routines!

Lord Krishna advises us to offer all the work, the actions and fruits of actions as offerings to the infinite one so that even if one's work is incomplete, efforts are not wasted and one is not bounded by the bad effects of failure and success. One's humble work like cleaning (like that of a servant) is as great and important as the work of great ones. This is one important part of my evolution, this is Karma Yoga. Karma as action and yoga is towards union and oneness with the infinite. Every work done is offered to God, and all its harvest and fruits are offerings to God.

To think about it, all that we have, is from the infinite source, the universe, including our bodies. What doesn't comes from God? Nothing! God, the pure, unbounded, infinite spirit that is omniscience, omnipresent and omnipotent that exists within you and me does not 'need' anything, yet its us who 'need' so much until we forgot who we really are and got bounded by this chain of death and rebirth. This is trauma, its separation of our consciousness, our forgetfulness and inability to use our brain 100% only using 10%. This is our world, we thought as real.

About Arjuna:
http://joglosemar.freeservers.com/wyg_figur/arjuna.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment